Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 1 of term project

In week one, on tuesday October 21, 2008, of observation, I filled my microaquarium with water and plants A and B. When first looking under the microscope I immediately noticed an organism called a Nematode moving around its habitat in a snake-like motion. It did not seem to have a habitat preference as it moved around the flowering plant. Also, I noticed many stationary organisms such as a leech, who seemed to be making a jerking motion as if it were stuck, like what most leeches do, to one of the stems of the plant. Numerous Cladocerain and Astracod appeared in all habitats of the microaquarium. Smaller organisms seemed as thought they were feeding off of the stationary organisms. I also noticed tiny organisms inside, I guess, the astracod, however im not sure about that observation.

No comments: